If your a chocolate lover like myself and like easy to make chocolate goodness, then your going to love this recipe from the Three Sisters Bake Book. I tried this when I first visited the cafe and instantly knew that this was going to be one of my favourite recipes.
photo credit – http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/03/13/article-0-1C40826800000578-494_634x698.jpg – Helen Cathcart
- 550 g digestive biscuits
- 275 g unsalted butter
- 275 g dark chocolate (broken into pieces)
- 275 g (2 cups) raisins ( if you don’t like raisins you can leave them or add nuts)
- 300 g condensed milk
- 500 g milk chocolate
- I like to add mini smarties to decorate
- Line a rectangular tin (doesn’t really matter about size but mine is 24 x 34 cm)
- Place the digestives into a large bowl and smash them into small pieces with the end of a rolling pin.
- Melt the butter and dark chocolate in a heat proof bowl set over a pan of simmering water, stirring occasionally. I find it easier to melt either the butter or chocolate first then add the second one.
- Once melted remove the bowl from the pan and stir in the raisins (or nuts) and condensed milk.
- Fold the broken biscuits into the mixture until all of the biscuits are covered with the chocolate mixture.
- Press the mixture into your tin, make sure it goes into all of the corners and try to make it as flat as possible.
- Place the tray into the fridge for 20-30 minutes to set.
- After the splodge is set, melt the milk chocolate in a heatproof bowl as before. when melted pour over the splodge and spread it evenly.
- Pop back into the fridge for 20-30 minutes or until set.
- Cut the chocolate splodge and enjoy.