If you like mac and cheese and lasagne, then your going to love this recipe. It combines these two amazing foods in a quick and easy recipe.
Ingredients (Serves 4-6)
- 400 g macaroni
- 75 g butter
- 75 g flour
- 1350 ml milk
- 150 g sun blush tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons nutmeg (freshly grated)
- 3 teaspoons English mustard
- 250 g strong cheddar (grated)
- 150 g mozzarella
- 150 g breadcrumbs
- 75 g butter
- 75 g grated parmesan
- 225 g lean beef mince
- Half onion (finely chopped)
- 1 red pepper (finely chopped)
- 4 tomatoes (chopped)
- 100 g tomato puree
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme, parsley and oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- Brown mince in oil – set aside
- Gently fry onion and pepper until soft (approx. 5 mins)
- Pop mince back in with tomato puree and bay leaf and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add sun-dried tomatoes and herbs, bring to the boil, simmer for at least half an hour and season well. Leave to cool.
- Cook macaroni and drain.
- Melt butter, add flour and mustard and cook for three minutes.
- Whisk in milk, a little at a time, and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, nutmeg, cheese then pasta.
- Grease dish and add half of pasta.
- Add lasagne mix.
- Now add the rest of the pasta.
- Tear in the mozzarella.
- Mix crumbs, cheese and butter and sprinkle on top.
- Bake at 180 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
- Serve with salad and garlic bread.